How is the 2018 season going for you currently?
After a slow start due to the weather being so awful we have quickly got up to speed with some outings and great results.
Where are you headed for in the Autumn?
We will aim for Burghley and the World Equestrian Games, but they are a long way off! I also intend to have horses running at Blenheim and Boekelo in September. I would really like Monkeying Around to defend his World Champion title at Le Lion D’Angers World Young Horse Championships, where he was the crowned the worlds best six year old in 2017. Then there is the final big competition of the season, Pau 4*.
Who are your stable stars currently?
I am very lucky that I have many stars in the yard, too many to mention them all. Here are a few and why I believe they are unique;
- Call Me Maggie May, for her honesty and reliability.
- Be Touchable, because he can pull it out the bag and is very consistent in all phases.
- Director General, who I think is a real ‘watch this space’ horse, he has a big future ahead of him.
- Perfect Stranger is an honest horse who loves to compete.
- Monkeying Around has such star quality for a young horse.
- Springpower is such a cool horse and has really come on this year.
Which Haygain product/s are you finding most useful at home and away at competitions?
The travel size Haygain is really useful to have on the lorry as we are away so much throughout the season and we use it constantly when horses are away from home. It is imperative that my horses are in top condition and that also means protecting their lungs from spores and dust. Haygain gives me the confidence that we are creating the best possible feeding environment for the horses.