Just $375.00 more for free shipping!
Laura Tomlinson takes a look back at 2017 and tells us her aims for this year
Written by Arabella Clegg
1. What were your main competition highlights in 2017?
I have mainly worked on the national shows with my up and coming horses. On top of that I’ve been trying to get back in to the groove after having a baby in March. I have also returned from a serious injury where I slipped a disk in my back.
2. Do you have any exciting young horses coming through?
Yes I do. I am very excited about Fallatjin, also known as Finn. He is 7 a year old now whom I have had just over a year. The most exciting factor is he reminds me a lot of a young.
3. What are your main aims for this year?
I would like Capri Sonne Jr to make a successful transition up to Grand Prix level and the idea is for Fallatjin to qualify for the Prix St-Georges national championships.
4. What is your favourite/most used Haygain product?
The hay steamer is our most used product, we find it especially useful for our travelling competition horses as it enables them to travel without dust getting in their airways when we can’t always be sure of the quality of forage when abroad.
5. Would you say you are a night in or going out kind of person?
Well now I have two children nights out are a little rarer, so I have to say when I get the opportunity I definitely like to grab it by the horns!
6. What/how did you get in to dressage? - If you hadn't gone in to dressage what path might you have taken?
I have grown up riding and I was always more into eventing when I was younger. However, my passion for dressage developed in my teens as my OCD and perfectionist side was developing. I love sports in general, but outside of horses I would have liked to be a journalist.
7. If you could have or ride any horse from any discipline who would it be and why?
I would like a ride on Michael Jung's exceptional La Biosthetique-Sam FBW. He is an old boy now and I think he'd look after me around a nice cross country course.
8. How as a rider do you keep yourself fit?
I do pilates twice a week and workout about twice a week on top of that. As a daily routine I do a short warm up every morning before I start riding, this is something I have started doing since my slipped disc.
9. Do you have any particular quirks like being OCD about something in your yard?
I always have to check the noseband and also the curb chain if I am riding in a double bridle. Also the numnah has to be perfectly central and stick out evenly under the saddle on both sides, I like to make sure everything is even.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want to have with you?
I would definitely have my iPod and to go with that some seriously good speakers or headphones, music is essential to me. I would also like a fishing net and a water filter. But overall I'd thoroughly enjoy some down time.